With the upcoming release of Legacy of Ghosts, book 2 in the Amaranthine series, it’s time for a contest!
Two winners, chosen by random drawing, will each win an autographed, paperback copy of Legacy of Ghosts. One winner, chosen by random drawing from the bonus contest entries, will receive, the Amaranthine pack: an autographed paperback copy of Shades of Gray and an autographed, paperback copy of Legacy of Ghosts.
The Technical Details:
The contest starts Friday, September 24th, 2010, and lasts until October 8th, 2010 at 11:59 pm.
You can answer all eight questions (If applicable – you’ll see what I mean) and there is no limit to the number of times you can enter the bonus contest.
Please include your name and email address with each entry. If you prefer not to share your email address publicly, then please note so in the comment, and send the address to Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com
To make it easier for me to count the entries, please answer only one question per comment.
Bonus contest entries can be emailed to Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com OR you can post links in the comments below. It may take up to 24 hours for me to comment or mail you back with confirmation, so don’t panic. If you send an email and don’t hear from me in 48 hours, please email again, as cyberspace has probably eaten it.
Yes, the more entries you have, the greater your chance of winning, as the winning names will be drawn from a hat (or a bowl, or something like that). Yeah, I could use Random.org, but where’s the fun in that?
The official drawing will be filmed and uploaded to YouTube, then posted on this blog, my MySpace and Blogger blogs on October 10th, 2010. Winners will be notified at the email address they provided, no later than the 12th of October, 2010, and will need to then send me a mailing address. I will send a second email to the winners when the prizes have been mailed.
Answer one (or more) of the following questions in a comment. Please, only one answer per comment, and leave your name and email address. If you prefer not to share your email address publicly, then please note so in the comment, and send the address to Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com
1. If Shades of Gray was made into a movie, who would you choose to star in it?
2. If you could pick one character from the Amaranthine series to hang out with who would it be?
3. If you could pick one character to “kill off” in Legacy of Ghosts, who would it be?
4. If you haven’t read Shades of Gray, why not? If it was a free eBook, would you?
5. The great debate: Which do you prefer, paperback books, or books that you can read on a device (Kindle/Nook/etc) or books you can read on the computer (PDF/etc)?
6. If given the chance to become a vampire, would you? Why or why not?
7. Who’s cooler? Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, or Bat Boy?
8. If you see a free, or cheap, eBook do you think “Cool! Cheap!” or do you think, “That must not be any good if it’s free!”?
To enter the bonus contest, all you have to do is pimp out the contest, the book, the blog, or the website. This includes posting a banner on your website, MySpace profiles or blogs, forum signatures, etc, or making forum posts, twitter posts, facebook links, blogging, or painting the url on a t-shirt and wearing it the grocery store (okay, I don’t think that one’s going to catch on!) or anything else you can think of. You can even use the handy “Share” buttons on the bottom of this blog (You still need to let me know you’ve done it, though!)
If you’d like, you can find tags, banners and “animated bites” on the Help Spread the Word page.
But wait. What if you’ve done some pimping in the past, or you already have a Shades of Gray banner posted? Well, it counts! That’s right, it doesn’t matter if it was a week ago, or a year ago, it can count as an entry!
To enter the bonus contest, just send me a link or a screen capture of the “pimp”.
Links can be mailed to Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com or posted in a comment below. Each unique link is worth one entry, and you can include as many links per mail/comment as you want.
Screen Capture images should be sent to Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com, either inline or as an attachment.
To make a screen capture:
1. open the page in your browser.
2. on your keyboard press the Print Screen button. It may be abbreviated as Prt Sc, Prnt Scr, etc. Or you may need to hold the function key at the same time (My laptop is this way).
3. open an image editing program (Paintbrush will work) and choose Paste or Paste as New Image from the edit menu.
4. go to File > Save, and save your image. A JPG is best, but any image type will work.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments, or mail me, and I will do my best to answer them.
I’m looking forward to your entries!