I suspect this does not count as a picture of me…..
I want to apologize to everyone for being gone. We had a death in the family, followed by a round of horrific stomach flu. Hopefully that’s it and life can get on with gettin’ on.
No, this is not the smack I am talking about.
The smack came from Emily Guido, author of the Light Bearer series where angels and vampires run amok. If you’ve never checked her out you should. She is such a sweet person.
On to the tag.
I know a lot of you don’t like AWARDS… but this isn’t an award. You haven’t won anything. You’re not getting this because you did something excellent. You got it because I feel like giving it to you, so there!
here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Who’s up? You-all have been TAGGED! SMACK, YOU’RE IT!! (see end of post for your questions)
- Donna Yates
- Roger Lawrence
- Tricia Drammeh
- Sassy Sue
- Stephannie Beaman
- Juli Hoffman
- Janet Coulter
- Lyndsey Parsons
- Paige Adams
- Vicki Hudson
I doubt this image from the Terrible Turtle Conspiracy counts either…
Now it’s time for Emily’s 11 questions:
1. What is your favourite genre of literature?
Fantasy and romance. If you put them together I am in Joey heaven.
2. What is your favourite genre of film?
Fantasy, Sci-fi… giant robots, aliens, elves, hobbits, Vulcans, Stormtroopers, things like that. I LOVE 3D and good CGI will make me salivate.
3. Do you read in bed? How? Book? Kindle? Both? Does Mommy sit by your bed and read to you? Sigh.
Very rarely. The last books I read in bed were the last two Hunger Games books because I stayed up to read them when I was supposed to be sleeping.
4. How do you take your coffee in the morning? If you don’t drink coffee, how do you survive your day?
Though I love coffee I don’t drink it because I don’t own a coffee pot. I also don’t own a microwave (though the neighbors do and I use theirs from time to time). When I do drink coffee it is with LOTS of cream and sugar.
5. Do you consider yourself fashionable?
I wish. But, sadly, to quote Emily “I have no grace or beauty. I would have been better off born as a line-backer…” If I’d been given naturally thin genetics, or even semi-thin with work genetics, and the right face, and the right hair I’d dress like either Galadriel or Morticia Adams. Alas instead I wear t-shirts and jeans.
6. If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be?
By the ocean, preferably on the East Coast. however that’s not meant to be in this lifetime. Afraid I’m a midwest girl, but maybe in the next round.
7. Have you retained any evil habits? If not, with what will you bargain when you’re marooned at sea in a lifeboat?
To quote Emily “I don’t… smoke or do drugs. So if marooned at sea, I would die of starvation. What a shame… I would finally be able to fit into a model’s size!!! Haha!” I do however have a glass of something alcoholic now and then and once or twice a year I do have a cigarette, usually while drinking that alcoholic beverage.
8. What is the worst TV show that you love anyway?
We’re watching the animated X-men on netflix right now. it’s cheesy but fun. I love cheesy.
9. When you vacation, do you want to be in an urban or rural environment?
Rural. As much as I wanted to be a city girl, I’m not.
10. Where did you go on your all-time favorite vacation?
Virginia Beach, Va. My brother and I spent all day at “the big beach” and a good portion of it just sitting on a bench watching the waves. the sky was cloudy, it was October so it was nice and cool, not too crowded. It was awesome.
11. Are you a morning person? Has anyone ever punched you for being cheerful before coffee?
My morning is at 2 in the afternoon, so it is easier to take. If someone wakes me up, then not so much, but if I get to wake other people up that makes me cheerful. “Up, up, up!”
Oh fine. here’s the real Jo – but she refuses to update her online pictures because she likes the black hair in this one. Sad.
Factoids about me:
1. I love pink sparkly things.
2. I am studying to get a ham radio license.
3. I wrote my first sex scene when I was twelve in a book called The Devil’s Niece. I later threw it away.
4. I make more money from books covers than from writing books. Sad but true.
5. I believe in wearing clothing (see the above question about being not graceful etc.). As such my husband calls me a prude.
6. All of my pets are rescues. We just keep finding strays, lol!
7. I am fascinated with the Titanic. I think I must have drown there in a previous life.
8. I like rocks. I have them stacked randomly all over my house.
9. I love the jelly Lychee juice, though it is hard to find.
10. I don’t like my food touching unless it’s Mexican or Asian. I don’t even like my garlic bread to sit on the spaghetti.
11. I could have graduated high school at semester but chose to stay through to the end of the year.
And now my 11 questions for those I tagged:
- Mountains or ocean?
- Are you anything like your astrological sign?
- What is one thing you wish you had/hadn’t done?
- Have you ever broken a bone?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- If you could write anything, even things you’re not normally good at, what would it be?
- What was your best Halloween costume?
- Have you ever done anything weird to your hair?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, how many packets of crackers would you take?
- What is your ereader of choice, or do you still like paper books best?
- If you were to wish on a star right now, what would the wish be? (since you’re not really doing it, you can tell us. )