I’ve started following a few new blogs lately, and one wonderful blogger, Carolina, was kind enough to nominate me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
How cool is that? Even cooler is her blog, Yesterday After, where she shares her beautiful hand made jewelry creations and more. I am especially jealous of her jewelry talents, as I’m a jewelry lover but don’t have the imagination to design it (nor the talent to make it!) Imagination and talent are something she has in spades, so check out her blog and her amazing work!
Here are the award rules:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
1. Why do you have a Blog? Because I love blogging. In the early 2000s I had a blog website (done in the persona of a stuffed animal pig – you had to be there), then I switched to Myspace in 2005, and then to wordpress. I love blogging so much that I have two of them – this one for my author/writing/book series stuff, and another for personal things. There’s a third for paper dolls but I don’t update it often. Oh, and a book review blog that is also random.
2. What inspire you the most? That’s hard, because everything can be inspiring, but usually it’s anime,manga, art, movies…visual things.
3. Do you like to create your work on day or night? I keep trying to switch to days, but I always end up back to nights.
4. What is your favourite book? and why? Oh this is hard! I have too many to pick just one. Right now I’m reading EG Manetti’s Bright Star and loving it. She has such a detailed world created – the little details, like measuring their day in bells instead of hours, or having a different calendar, and phrases/words unique to their society really make this series something special.
5. What mood do you have when you create? Different moods work better for different things. Whatever mood I start with, I usually end up happy. Drawing is an especially great way to cheer myself up.
6. What is your favourite Color? Red. Pink. I also like blue and… I’ll stop there.
7. Do you prefer the Ocean or Mountain? Ocean! My brother and I went to Virginia Beach once and I want to go back so bad…
8. What type of jewelry do you like? I like it to be either colorful or shiny. The really so-called beautiful or sophisticated pieces don’t appeal to me. Diamonds, for instance, are a bit boring. I like stones (like turquoise or amethyst) or fake gems better.
9. Tea or Coffee? Coffee :)
10. What is your dream? Another hard question, and one I’ve asked myself lately as I’ve tried to decide where to go from here. I’ve met all the goals I set for my author “career” – right now I’m at a semi-serious hobby-ist level, and in order to move to the next, more serious level I’d need to devote more time to it – so do I want to set new goals and up my game (and the time I spend at it), or do I want to do something else with that time? I’d like to get back to drawing again, and I want to learn to animate, and I’m in the middle of renovating a house. Are those things more important than moving to the next level of authorship? I haven’t decided yet.
And now for my nominations!
- DM Yates
- Creative Barbwire
- CG Copola
- Maegan Provan
- Tricia Drammeh
- Adan Ramie
- The Williamson Vampires
And here are their ten questions:
1. You’re going on vacation to a deserted island and you get five things (besides toilet paper, food, and the essentials). What do you take?
2. What’s your favorite movie or TV show?
3. What’s something you collect?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. Cats, dogs, or squirrels?
6. What’s a hobby people might not guess you have?
7. Do you roll or fold your socks (or just stuff them in the drawer)?
8. What is the closest object on your right?
9. If you could be known for only one thing, what would it be?
10. If you were a ghost, who would you haunt?
I know some of you (cough*barb*cough) don’t always take tags, so if you don’t want to no worries. If you do, a link to your blog in the comments would be awesome, so we can all read your answers!