First of all my very clever tech husband has found a fix for the joleenenaylor.com website problem. After the last round of browser updates, visitors to the site often had to refresh several times to get the entire site to show up. The poor husband has worked on it for a couple of months. He finally gave up on all the forums, how to pages, articles, etc. and came up with his own fix – which appears to be working. However, looks can be deceiving, so if you have a moment, feel free to stop by http://JoleeneNaylor.com and see if it loads for you. If I don’t get any complaints I’m going to take the “you may need to refresh..” notice off the loading page. I also need to do some website updates soon.
Ties of Blood is ready to be formatted, sent in for a proof and handed off to the last beta reader (I worry about this because everyone else I have sent it to has disappeared shortly afterwards and I have not heard from them again, except for the Mighty Ed). However the laptop, where the file is living, dropped dead last night with a hard drive error. Luckily, all the chapters are on my mother’s computer (she did a round of typo checking for me) so I have to get them back from her today. I made a couple minor changes after she’d looked at it, but I think I remember them, so it should be okay…. cross your fingers.
I also tweaked the cover a bit – you can see it here – yeah same post, I just updated it 🙂
Other than that I have some book covers to work on and yadda yadda.