I don’t generally use this space for personal blogs (those go over at Ramblings from the Darkness), but as Barb was kind enough to give me the Kreative Award (yay!) I am obliged to write ten facts about me that you don’t know.
Should be pretty easy.
- I am a Roxette fan. Yes, there is just something about sugary Swedish pop that makes me giddy. And Per is pretty hot, too. Yeah, I know he’s old enough to be my father, but he’s not lookin’ too bad for his age!
- I have not had a chance to work on book four in several weeks. I am hoping to get caught up on my other work and get back to it in a week or so, though. *crossing fingers*
- I am absolutely lousy at “time”. If I say something will take five minutes, it takes an hour. If I say ten minutes, it’s half the day. If I say a week, it’s more like a month. This is because when I am doing things I loose all sense of time, and so I have no idea how long anything takes and just guess by how long it “felt like”. (Hint: I have been working pretty much non stop for ten hours now, I know this because the clock tells me so, however I would guess it might have been five…)
- I can’t swim because I am too afraid of drowning to ever learn. I chalk this up to a past life.
- I have a bad temper.
- The only thing I have in common with my protagonist is the “don’t think about it” philosophy. If something is upsetting, simply put it out of your mind and move on. Not always the best way, but it works for me (and has worked for many a gangster’s girlfriend, too, I imagine 😉 )
- Speaking of this philosophy, I say it is all Amadala‘s fault that Anakin turned into Darth Vadar. If she had just A- stayed home like a good, heavily pregnant wife (seriously, I’m hugely pregnant and I KNOW Obi-wan is after my husband, so I go running to him?!? Where’s the logic!?!?) or B- nodded along when he started in about ruling the galaxy and then had a quiet talk with him later about acceptable behaviors and not acceptable behaviors (for example, killing little jedi-lets is not acceptable) think how much different their universe coulda been? And how much hotter Darth Vadar would have been…
- I’ve been told I have questionable morals (see above).
- I have also been called a chauvinist (again, see #7).
- I’m a huge geek. Oh, you already knew that. Okay then, um… I have recently gone on a bread strike after finding out the L-cysteine, a common dough conditioner in commercial bread products, is usually extracted from either human hair or pig hair. YUCK! So Now I am checking all the labels before I buy. Strange? Maybe, but it just grosses me out.
And that looks like 10, so I am cutting it off here 🙂 And now for the awardees… (that’s not a real word, but I like it anyway!)