It is right now with beta 1 & 2 and then I have to do my first read over, then I will have to see if the other beta readers are ready for it. I am *hoping* to have it out by the end of February, but that may be pushing it depending on their schedules.
In the meantime, please enjoy a random, unedited snippet from Heart of the Raven:
CONTAINS SPOILERS for Ashes of Deceit. If you haven’t read that book yet, then read at your own risk.
Katelina watched as Neil counted silently on his fingers, undoubtedly trying to figure out who the newcomers could be. Her shoulders tensed as she heard them removing their shoes, and then walking down the corridor. There was no way that this could work out well.
Oren apparently had the same thought because, when he appeared in the doorway and locked eyes with Verchiel, his lips drew back in a snarl and his hands became ready fists at his sides.
Jorick motioned him to relax. “Leave it for now.”
Oren walked inside slowly, his sister right behind him. They took their seats, and Torina struggled with her hemline. Micah and Loren were the last through the door, and both only had eyes for Torina’s exposed thighs.
Verchiel gave the vampiress an appreciative wink and then turned to Oren. “Taking a vacation after all the trouble you caused?”
Oren’s eyes narrowed to slits. “I don’t recall causing ‘trouble’.”
Verchiel snorted. “What do you call that little incident at the citadel?”
“It was war!” Oren cried and slammed his emphatic fist into the padded floor.
At his words, Cyprus suddenly stiffened and comprehension dawned on his face. “You’re Jorick’s missing fledgling!”
“Yes he is,” Jorick answered with annoyance. “But that doesn’t matter right now.”
The Executioner rounded on him. “Of course it does! He’s wanted for questioning concerning the attack that he led!”
“The miscreants have already been dealt with!” Jorick snapped. “They executed the self-described leaders of the covens and released the others!”
“But your fledgling was the real leader,” Cyprus insisted. “The vampire they executed in his place-”
“Is dead just the same,” Jorick finished. “Punishment has been given, an example has been made, it’s finished.”
Cyprus drew himself up. “We have our orders.”
Verchiel grinned. “And if you know what’s good for you you’ll disregard them, unless you want Jorick to turn your head into a lamp.”
- Unedited Snippet Two from Book Five & Meter Link (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet One from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Three from Book Five – Adult Content (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Four from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Five from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Six from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Seven from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Eight from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Nine from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)