I know this is a writing/author blog, but in the end publishing is really a small business, and so I wanted to take a moment to share links to some other awesome small businesses – they may not sell books, but their wares are no less awesome! Even better, in most cases there is still time to order for Christmas if you’re speedy.
- Bubbles Bubble Soap. What can I say, I have a weakness for scented things, and I LOVE homemade soap. Add the two together for awesomeness! And not just soap, there are also bath fizzies and even soap meshy-bags (I’m sure there’s a better term for this). I’m excitedly waiting for my order right now. You can check out the Bubbles Bubble Facebook Page, The SquareUp site, or the website.
- Catie’s Younique Boutique Makeup. I’m a cheapskate and expensive makeup is something I usually shy away from – especially since I’m not supposed to wear a lot of it. Then I bought the 3D fiber mascara on sale and HOLY CATS! I love, love, love this stuff! I have a makeup party coming in January *cough*cough* on Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, you can order from Catie’s Younique Boutique webpage, and check out the Facebook group.
- Lisa’s Paparazzi Jewelry. At just 5$ each, this jewelry makes a great stocking stuffer or gift. Rings, earrings, headbands, necklaces, bracelets, and even sets. You can shop by type or color on her Paparazzi website – or you can check out her Facebook page and host a virtual party (I’ve had several and they are always awesome and fun!)
- Cupcakes and Crochet. Heather does amazing things with crochet – from ninja turtles to yoda to Dr. Who, she can whip up pretty much anything and make it look amazing! And, she is currently taking orders! Check out her Cupcakes and Crochet page on Facebook.
- Yesterday After handmade jewelry. Carolina makes – and designs – amazing jewelry using stones, crystal, wire, leather, and more. She has earrings, necklaces,rings, bracelets – and she can even custom design something for you. I am eagerly awaiting a bracelet order, and I know it is going to be awesome! Check out her Yesterday After Etsy Jewelry store!
- Playful Secrets Adult Store. Yes, it’s an adult store, with adult products – everything from gag gifts to more intimate items. The store owner, Heather, is super knowledgeable and ready to answer your questions (She is actually a certified Sexologist!) And she does parties! (I have one coming up in February on Facebook!) You can visit the Playful Secrets page on facebook for more info, or shop from the easy to navigate website.
- Jo’s Handmade Cards. Okay. It’s not a store. It’s the last of the cards I didn’t sell at the craft fair. But they’re pretty. Check out my Facebook album for prices and details. Shipping varies.
Do you have a small business, or know of one that offers awesome products? Share a link below and spread the Christmas love!