I was tagged by Rami Ungarrrrrr (sorry, I,ve been doing that in my head, like a pirate Arrrr so I remember to spell it with an “a” and not an “e”. Ignore me.) Anyway, as I was saying, I was tagged by the great horror author Rami Ungar to join in the First Day, First Paragraph tag. It’s a lot of fun, so here we go:
Those who have been tagged have to:
- Publish your own post on the first day of the next month.(if I tag you now, you will post January first. Afraid you’ll forget? Schedule it in advance!)
- Use the graphic above
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you. (Thank you, Rami!)
- Explain the rules, like I’m doing now.
- Post the first paragraph of a story you’ve written, are writing, or plan to write someday.
- Ask your readers for feedback.
- Finally, tag someone to do the post next month (as I said, you’ll post January 1st), and comment on one of their posts to let them know the good news.
All right, so I’ve done everything except my paragraph and my tag. So first I am tagging the incredible Caitlin Coppola (It was really hard to just pick one person!) And now for the opening paragraph to Goddess of Night (which will probably change later):
SPOILER WARNING – if you haven’t read the series, this might be a spoiler. I warned you.
Katelina stared at herself in the bathtub mirror. The blue eyes that looked back held prism colors that she wasn’t used to. Long blond hair fell past her shoulders in salon perfect waves, and her pale skin was too perfect – no blotches or pimples. She looked like an airbrushed magazine version of herself.
And now for your feedback! As I said, it will probably change because i may change where the book starts, but anyway, that’s it for now. Thanks again to Rami for the tag, and be sure to check out his blog – and his books!